Thursday, August 27, 2009

an update on sleep

Ari finally decided it is ok to sleep in his bassinet at night (knock on wood!). However he is now deciding to wake up between 6:30 and 7:30am, and refusing to take a nap despite total exhaustion until late afternoon. He will fall asleep for a few minutes, and as soon as I move (literally, like shift my legs or anything) he wakes up. Which means from 10 or 11 until he finally falls asleep around 3, he is super fussy. Fun! Then I let him sleep until 6 or 7 and wake him up. After he eats he wants to go right back to sleep, but we have been keeping him up until 9 or 10 so that he will sleep the longest (i.e. 4-5 hrs) at night. Mama is tired of him taking his one or two long naps during the day/evening and then wanting to wake up every two hours at night. So far it seems to be working, we'll see. He has started smiling tons in the past few days but I still haven't caught it on camera, I will post a pic soon hopefully. :)

I am meeting with my boss in a couple weeks to talk about my return to work. They are willing to let me come back part time, three days a week. I'm still reluctant to return to this particular job for various reasons, but I'm not sure what else I can find for part time work that pays anything... I will have to make a decision soon. I -hate- the thought of dropping him at a babysitter's all day, even for only three days a week... it's killing me to think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep on keepin' on with the sleep thing. He'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete