Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!

So this year's Christmas was especially cool for us. Ari was very excited for Santa to come this year so that we could open all the presents under the Christmas tree. Cara and I were just as excited to see him so excited. It was all I could do to keep the two of them from opening presents a couple of weeks before Christmas. Although I did give Cara her big Christmas present early so that she could use it. I got her a six month membership to Massage Envy so she could get some prenatal massages. So far I haven't heard any complaints. We decided to open all of our presents Christmas Eve morning because we go to Nana Mary's house Christmas morning with all the cousins. Plus it's not like Ari knows what day it is so two days of presents is better than one! We also spent Christmas Eve evening at the Laird extended family Christmas. Ari was the life of the party being that he was the last munchkin there as all the others went to other family gatherings. Then we spent this morning with Nana Alexis as she brought over her presents for us. All in all the weekend went pretty smoothly sans one nap for Ari which led to a not so smooth evening. But enough talking lets get to the good stuff.

Santa was listening this year. This has been the big hit of the Christmas presents! He hasn't wanted to leave it's side! I'm not sure about this Santa guy stealing the thunder of the best present.


Opening one of his presents from Uncle Jon and Aunt Laura. He loved the car transporter!

Rocket ship from Mom and Dad!

The Kitchen with additional appliances and pots and pans courtesy of Santa, Aunt Metri and Aunt Jamie!

The closest contender so far to the kitchen, Nana Alexis hooked him up with Legos galore!

We neglected to take our camera to Christmas morning with all of his cousins. We knew we were forgetting something. My sister Renee had her camera rolling so I know she'll send us some pictures to post. We'll see how long it takes her to read the blog and know that we need some.

1 comment: