I have decided to redecorate Ari's room in a rocket ship theme (also keeping in mind it will be shared with his baby brother eventually). He likes rocket ships thanks to Curious George and Little Einsteins, and I think it's just a cute theme. I haven't bought much yet but I have found a good list of potential stuff in the right colors - blue, yellow, and orange, we're keeping the same paint colors we already have in there.
Awhile ago, a mama friend of mine in IL offered to make baby boy a quilt if I sent her fabric that I like. Couldn't refuse that offer! She sent it to me this week and it is *adorable*. The patterned fabric has rocket ships, planets, and robots, and she stitched a big rocket ship across the middle of the quilt and stars all around the edges. So cute and all the more special to have something for the baby handmade by a friend.
Then at our recent trip to the mall to see Santa, Ari wanted to go "in a store." So we walked into Ross and lo and behold, found him a rocket ship comforter/sham set! It was only $18 after tax, I was so thrilled. Target has a rocket ship theme bedroom set but it is much pricier. Ari still doesn't sleep with a blanket over him, but I figure he will eventually and last night he was thrilled to sleep on top of the comforter, haha. And it does the job to fill in the gaps between his mattress and his bed frame which were previously stuffed with random blankets. This is a phone pic but you get the idea... this rocket ship room is coming together!:

No comments:
Post a Comment