Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Four Months

Ari is four months old as of yesterday; we went to his check up yesterday afternoon. He weighs 14lbs 14oz and is about 24.5" long - he was in the 50th percentile all around. This is great considering he was at the 3rd percentile at 2 weeks and the 25th percentile at 2 months. :) He is so deliciously chubby now! He didn't get his shots yesterday because he has an ear infection. :( He got a little sick when I did a couple weeks ago and has been congested, and Sunday night and yesterday morning he was fussier than usual... sure enough, the doctor stuck the thing in his ear to check it and he went from happy baby to screaming baby in 2 seconds. (His left ear by the way - I also got an ear infection in my left ear a couple weeks ago when I was sick. :p) So now he is on antibiotics and we will go back in two weeks to get his shots, assuming he is all better by then. He also has a little eczema on his legs which lotion has not been helping. The doctor said to give him a bath every day without soap. I thought bathing every day even without soap would dry his skin out more, but the doc said it would keep it better hydrated. And then we just need to put better lotion on him so we got the Eucerin cream to try. I'm not too surprised with this problem since it so SO dry this time of year, the humidity has been at less than 10%. Hopefully lots of bath and good thick lotion will help.

Ari is pretty much on track developmentally. He smiles all the time, still rolling over from tummy to his back and working on rolling the other way, babbles a lot, reaches for toys, etc. He is not giggling yet though no matter what we try! We can't wait to hear those baby giggles.

On Sunday we did group pics at Penny's with his cousins plus a few individual pics of him. The day was a little difficult for me since Sean was sick and couldn't come to help, we had a fairly long drive to the Tucson Mall (and yes, he still hates the car lots of the time and screamed most of the way there and back), etc., but we ended up getting some good pictures. (I think I told Renee that I would never do that again... but I'm sure I'll be up for the challenge next year anyway. :) The last one below though is one of my favorites and shows you what can happen when you try to get pics with two babies, a toddler, a four year old, an eight year old, and a ten year old!














1 comment:

  1. Everett has the same eczema leg thing going on. Mandy felt his leg and said Ari's felt the same. Baths every night seem like alot of work...I think my kid is just going to stay a little scaly. Glad to hear he's doing so well though.

    The last pic is one of my favorites too! We wouldn't want to forget how the day really went.

    ReplyDelete