We still have a few things left to do and/or acquire:
- a dresser for the nursery; Sean's mom has one we can use so we just need to pick it up and maybe clean it up and/or refinish it depending on its condition.
- once we have the dresser, we can finish arranging the nursery, clothes etc.
- I'm debating about getting a cheap manual breast pump...
- a few hygiene supplies for baby.
- finish packing my hospital bag.
- install the car seat.
- get the dogs accustomed to sleeping in a different area than our bedroom (already acquired necessary pet gates and dog beds to accomplish this).
- continue to adjust budget and spending in order to be ready to be fairly broke pretty soon here (I will run out of paid leave in another week or two)!
I am about ready to be done with the whole pregnant thing. As happy as I am that we are having a baby and we were able to get pregnant pretty easily, I am getting tired of the toll it is taking on my body. In addition to the hypertension / bed rest issue, being pregnant has ruined my skin (which wasn't great to begin with), turned me into a blimp, ruined my sleep (which also wasn't great to begin with), plus all the other typical aches, pains and discomforts... I never seem to have experienced that whole "glow of pregnancy" thing. Instead I feel fat, tired, totally un-sexy, etc etc. and I will be so happy to be able to touch and smell and see my baby, and have my body back to something resembling normal!!! I've heard of women (and even met a couple) that absolutely love being pregnant, and I was hoping to have that experience, but as hard as I've tried there are just too many factors working against this possibility as far as I can tell... for me anyway. ;p
Sean doctors name was Dr. Lane.
ReplyDeleteI was going to make a smart ass comment about getting your hospital bag packed. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd definitely get yourself some kind of pump! Mine has been a lifesaver on occasion.