Thursday, June 18, 2009

33 weeks, 4 days...

I had another doctor appt today. The good news is that my blood pressure was much lower today, 118/78 (compared to 140/80 a week ago). The doctor said I looked better in general and she seemed happy with the overall effect of the prescribed bed rest. I didn't gain any weight from last week, which is nice - I anticipated maybe gaining too fast while on bed rest. (I have gained a total of 22.5 lbs the entire pregnancy, if you are curious.) She did not say I could go back to work; her opinion was more along the line of let's continue to do what's working to keep this under control, preventative measures etc. Which is ok, I have mixed feelings about all of it at this point and am content to go with her advice. If I could go back to work, these next few weeks would go by a lot faster, plus it would be easier financially... but at the same time, I know work would be stressful as this is the end of our fiscal year etc and I wouldn't be surprised if going back sent my blood pressure shooting up pretty quickly again. The number one goal is to keep this baby healthy and cooking as long as he needs to, and I really don't want any traumatic trips to the ER to deliver him prematurely due to sky rocketing blood pressure or anything terrifying like that. 

We also did a NST (non stress test) on baby today. This consisted of being hooked up with the monitor thingie around my belly so they could monitor his heart beat, then I pushed a button every time I felt him move, for maybe 10-15 minutes. The results were normal and healthy. I am going to continue to go in weekly for blood pressure monitoring as well as weekly NSTs. My next appt is next Friday morning. She also said we would do another ultrasound in a few weeks to estimate his size. After the next appt my doc is going on vacation for two weeks, so I will go in to see the nurse while she's gone. So this baby better stay put between June 29 and July 13, because otherwise some other doc would have to deliver him. 

Sean and I have a childbirth class at St Joe's this Saturday, from 9am to 5pm. Fortunately the doc gave me permission to go, so I didn't have to try to argue with the hospital to get a refund of the $70 we already paid for it. ;p 

That's about all that's going on here. Sean finished the tile job he was doing for my mom's coworker and they liked his work so gave him a nice tip on top of what he charged. He was working the past two weekends in a row plus a couple evenings after work, so we are both glad that's finished. Bed rest is making me feel tired and lethargic, oddly enough, so I am not getting as much done as quickly as I thought I would (i.e. thank you notes, scrap booking, etc), but I still have plenty of time. 

The only other news isn't really our news, but it is way more exciting than any of 'our' news: Sean's baby sister Renee had her second baby yesterday, June 17: Everett Vincent. She had a fairly quick labor and both she and Everett are doing well, I think they got to go home this afternoon. He is adorable and I think he looks a lot like his "big" brother Ian! Congrats to Renee, Cory, and Ian, and a huge welcome to baby Everett!! Now if only I can convince the doc that I should go to Flagstaff over 4th of July weekend for Ian's 2nd birthday party and to meet Everett... who knows, maybe if my b/p stays what it was today, she will say it's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment