Avery is already two months old! Times flies when you're... taking care of a newborn and a toddler every day and waking up every couple hours all night? Ha. :P
At his two month appointment, Avery weighed 12lbs 5oz (50th percentile), and he was 24.5" long (95th percentile). His head was also in the 95th percentile. The doctor was impressed by how social he is - lots of smiles, very alert, good eye contact. He really is a pretty happy baby; he started smiling around 4 weeks! She also was impressed with how strong he is, being able to hold his head up and his mad tummy time skillz. He is starting to track things with his eyes, and coo and talk to us. He is all around healthy, no concerns!
I did tell her he already seems to be teething and I don't think she believed me, but we know the signs and it's pretty obvious. He got his first shots at this appointment (he had heel pricks at the hospital but no shots). He was a trooper and only cried for a minute and let daddy comfort him. Later that evening though he spiked a fever and his legs seemed so sore, so I had to give him tylenol. He didn't feel good the next morning either but by afternoon he was fine.
Avery is really a pretty laid back baby, at least compared to how Ari was. He takes his morning nap in the baby swing - Ari never napped anywhere but our arms as a baby. ;) Our first month had some rough days as we got to know each other, but once we figured out his signals and tendencies, things got a lot easier. Now I'm just waiting for him to stop pooping in the middle of the night, I'm sooo over the 4am diaper changes - soon, I hope. He is slowly starting to sleep better at night although some nights the teething interferes. He generally sleeps in 3 hour chunks now for the first half the night. The longest he goes without nursing though is in the morning, from 6-7am to 10-12, 4-6 hours! Wish I could get him to do that from say, 11pm to 4am or so. ;)
I had to look up Ari's two month stats just to see the differences. :) http://caralaird.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html
Ari was in the 25th percentiles for height and weight, and was already sleeping 5-6 hours in a row at night. He also had less hair and was way fussier. Otherwise milestone wise they are pretty similar!
No comments:
Post a Comment