Friday, April 17, 2009

25 weeks

I had a baby-mama doctor appointment yesterday. Nothing exciting - which is good. ;) I will be 25 weeks this weekend. We listened to the heartbeat, which was normal, in the 150s. My blood pressure and everything else was fine, and my doctor said my weight gain is "perfect." I will take her word for it, I feel like a cow. ;p My appetite is definitely back and then some. I'm still not sleeping great which isn't surprising. Other than being tired though I feel pretty good overall, just with the typical pregnancy complaints (heartburn, back pain, etc.). I feel baby boy move a lot, Sean can feel him all the time now too.

We are slowly starting to prepare the house for baby. We have moved the "office" into the breakfast nook, and will be getting rid of the extra dining table we had in there. We replaced Sean's desk with a smaller one and are working on selling his old desk. Once we have the room that was the office better cleared out, we will move the guest bedroom in there since it is a slightly bigger room. Then what is now the guest room will be baby's room. I have some art for baby's room, and the plan for furniture is coming together. The piece I'm most excited about is the rocking chair my brother is making for us - you can see the design in the photo below, but ours will be made of dark walnut so the color will be a little different.
Then we have chosen this IKEA crib and it's in stock in the Phoenix store, so we just have to go pick it up one of these days.




It converts into a toddler bed too, which is nice, and it's way more affordable than lots of cribs we looked at.
I just read a book that my sister-in-law Piper gave me called A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. It was a great read, fun and full of good information, definitely anwered a lot of questions that were floating around in my brain. Thanks Piper! There's not much else going on. I still need to register for child birth classes and a tour of the hospital. I do want to give props to my wonderful husband for taking such good care of me - i.e. lots of massages, cooks me dinner, buys me cocoa butter lotion for my itchy belly, just to name a few. He is an awesome husband and will be an amazing daddy! Only 15 weeks left! :)



1 comment:

  1. Yay for an uneventful appointment! Can't wait to see your nursery as it all comes together. :)

    ReplyDelete