Ari and Sean, first swim of the summer. (Please note they have now gone swimming a dozen times, and I have not been in the pool at all yet! Doh.) I realized this day that he still fit in his 2T swim trunks, but I didn't have a rash guard shirt that fit him, so we bought one a couple days later.
Ari also took his first gymnastics class this summer. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him in class, since my phone cam hasn't been working and I kept forgetting the real camera - and I thought I had a couple more weeks to bring it. On his third class, and also the day that would have been his first swim lesson... he got his first (and hopefully last) broken bone. I still am amazed that he could fall about 2.5 feet onto a thick padded mat and break his elbow. Poor kid! It really never occurred to me that he would get seriously hurt in toddler gym class. He was just finally getting used to the class too, this class was the first one he was actually having fun with and not fussing at all. And needless to say swim lessons are now postponed a few weeks.
Here it is just splinted, before the cast.
I didn't get a great pic of the cast itself since it is always in the sling, but he picked lime green. He has been a trooper about it although it's already starting to get itchy and that definitely bugs him. We go back on July 17th to get it off, assuming it is all healed up.
No comments:
Post a Comment