This is my favorite month in Tucson. The mornings and evenings do start to cool off, and Tucson takes advantage of slightly cooler temps in a big way. There are lots of community events in October - beer festivals, car shows, food and culture festivals (like Tucson Eat Yourself - er, Tucson Meet Yourself), plus all the Halloween fun. I adore Halloween and I love going to the pumpkin patch and all that fun stuff.
So October is always pretty busy for us. This starting weekend we didn't do anything specifically October related, just ran errands and did chores, watched Kaitlin's soccer game, etc. But starting this next weekend we are going to be busy! Our list of things to do this month:
- Go to the Marana Pumpkin Patch. I am excited to have discovered this farm this year, because it is pretty close to us; we usually drive much further to a different one south of us.
- Go to the drag races in Phoenix (Sean's Father's Day present). This is on the 15th. We already got Ari's noise cancelling head phones and we will be there with Christina and her guys, so Christina and I will be able to entertain each other and the toddlers when any of us are bored with the racing. ;)
- That same weekend as the races is Tucson Meet Yourself and we always go have dinner one evening and catch some performances.
- *Maybe* go apple picking in Willcox at Apple Annie's. It's a bit of a drive but I haven't been in years and I really want to go. I think Ari would love it!
- I have a prenatal appointment in Phoenix on the 22nd, followed by a 30 minute prenatal massage!
- We will go to a community Halloween carnival that same evening in Phoenix where our 6 year old niece will be doing a dance performance; we'll spend the night up there since the carnival doesn't start until 6pm.
- Halloween weekend we will probably go to the YMCA trunk-or-treat with Ari's cousin's like we did last year, and we will take Ari to do a little trick or treating around our block this year too!
Between all this plus the consignment order and regular sales picking up, there will not be much rest for the weary - but it will be so much fun! Hopefully we find time to blog about every new adventure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment