Friday, January 14, 2011

18 Month Check Up

We really like Ari's new pediatrician. She was very nice and Ari liked her better too and I just overall felt more comfortable with her, right away. She actually commented several times about how well he was doing with her for his age, how this age is usually a tough check up etc. He did do surprisingly well although he still didn't like it when she checked his ears. So Ari was pronounced healthy - and get this - EAR INFECTION FREE! Yep, despite the past two weeks of congestion (just now mostly gone), he does not have an ear infection. WHO NEEDS EAR TUBES???? HA!!!!! So glad I didn't just schedule the surgery as instructed by our (former) pediatrician. (Who also was very patronizing to me and in our last conversation implied that I was being irresponsible and neglectful for not already having the surgery scheduled. Hence, *former* pediatrician. I know what's right for my kid and I don't need someone to shake their finger at me and guilt trip me.)

Anyway, he weighs about 26.5lbs and is 32.25" tall. His head is 49.5cm, holy cow! So that's 60th percentile for weight, 50th for height, and 95th for head circumference, haha. That's about normal for him, he has been hovering around the 50th and 50th and 90th since he was maybe 3-4 months old. I already posted about all the stuff he is doing... He just had a growth spurt as well and outgrew most of his 18 month size clothes. I'm glad I have a friend with a boy who is about 7 months younger who can use the hand me downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment