Friday, October 9, 2009

Three Months

Ari is three months old today! I can’t even believe it. I guess this is how quickly time will go by from now on, now that we are parents. ;) He is such a cute little man! He is smiley and I’ve heard a couple giggles so far. He is definitely ticklish. He is super strong and has great head control. He usually sleeps 5-7 hours in a row at night now. He is somewhere around 12+lbs now and about 23.5-24 inches long. He still likes his swing, bath time, being outside, and the ceiling fan. He has been discovering his hands and spends a lot of time trying to get his fingers or his thumb into his mouth, sometimes successfully. He is “talking” a lot more now.

 

Unfortunately, he is still not a fan of his carseat / being in the car and spends much of the time during car rides fussing and crying. This is kind of a bummer since we don’t live close to anything so going anywhere usually requires at minimum a 15-20 minute car ride. He also doesn’t want to be put down for naps during the day – I always have to hold him for him to stay asleep and if I put him down he wakes up anywhere from 5 seconds to 15 minutes later. However we think the solution to this may be to put black out shades in his room so we have a nice dark space for nap time, so we are looking into that. Don’t get me wrong, I like to snuggle him, but he takes at least a couple naps during the day and it makes it difficult for me to do things like eat, go to the bathroom etc, let alone get anything done around the house.

 

I went back to work on Monday and am working three days a week. I’m planning to work about six weeks and then hopefully find something closer to home and work fewer hours. Today was my third day back at work. Ari goes to my mom’s one day a week and to his aunt Mandy’s two days a week. Sean picks him up in the afternoon when he gets off work. So far he seems to be doing ok with it; fortunately we never had any trouble getting him to take a bottle or anything. I am pumping while I’m at work and seem to be producing plenty during the day for him to eat during the next work day so that is going fine. I miss him like crazy and it is really hard to leave him, but I am so grateful that I don’t have to leave him with strangers!! I don’t know if I could. I don’t want to be working right now but there are some silver linings: a paycheck (yay!), some time to myself (even if it’s just a couple hours a week in the car), and I appreciate the hours I DO get to spend with him even more! Plus I like my boss and have some really great coworkers. My friend and coworker Katie is dying to babysit for us, and I think mom and dad are pretty ready to have a little quality time without the baby very soon.


The first three pics are from this evening, the rest were taken within the last couple weeks.













2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cara, you have no idea how quickly time passes. Ari reminds me so much of another baby boy and I can't believe how long that's been. Life seems to be on fast forward as regards your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go by so fast! Glad he's made a smooth transition with you going back to work and you are able to enjoy a little freedom (and a paycheck!) too. :)

    ReplyDelete