Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a...


There's his hiney... leg on the right, leg on the left, boy parts in the middle!


The one above is his leg stretched out - foot on the far left side.


This last one starts with feet on the far left, then calves, knees in the middle, then you can kind of see his arms and then part of his head on far right.



The doc appt went well. The bloodwork (quad screening etc) all came back great and everything looked perfectly healthy for baby boy on the ultrasound. I was worried baby wouldn't cooperate and let us see the sex, but the very first view we got was a penis shot. ;p Dr Hutchison estimated he is about 13 ounces right now, which is a little bigger than average (10 ounces). He's going to be in the lbs before we know it! I am overall healthy and doing well; I'm still 2 or 3 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight. So I lost 7-8 lbs in the first trimester and have gained about 5 back in the second, which is pretty good. My blood pressure was a little high today, but I have no doubt it was just from the anxiety and anticipation I had all day leading up to the late afternoon appointment!

I was surprised it is a boy - we were all guessing girl. I'm just glad everything looks normal and healthy! Seeing him makes it all seem so much more real. The last ultrasound was at 8 weeks and all we could see was a tiny blob. Now there's an actual baby in there and I got to see the feet he has been kicking me with! I think it made it seem more real for Sean too - for all he knew I was just getting fat, moody, and whiny for no reason! (No, I haven't gained weight, but my belly is definitely expanding!) Now he knows I haven't been making it all up. ;-)

Next appt will be in another four weeks!



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad all are healthy and kicking (tell Sean to knock it off). You are going to be great parents. I'll have to start getting ready to greet the newest Laird... Some unsolicited name suggestions: Kingston, Thorton, Hamilton, Zane, or Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) We are pretty excited too. ;) Sean vetoed your name suggestions though. ;p He is super picky about names, I am discovering!

    ReplyDelete